Current Job Openings
We are currently hiring for the following positions. Please click here to print and complete the application. For all full-time positions, please include a copy of your resume when sending your completed application. All information should be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or applications can be returned to Spooky Nook Sports, located at: 2913 Spooky Nook Road, Manheim, PA 17545
Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified via email regarding the next steps.
Below are the current full-time and part-time positions we have available, please click to view the job descriptions.
SPOOKY NOOK SPORTS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or veteran status.
As a Server/cashier, you will be responsible for serving food and/or beverages to guests. You will continue our effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following duties to the highest standards.
- Respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu
- Take guest food and/or beverage orders and input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system
- Retrieve and deliver food and beverage orders in a timely manner
- Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service
- Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
- Ensure serving station is well-stocked at all times
The Banquet Set-Up positions are responsible for set-up and clean-up of banquet space and ensuring that details are followed from the banquet event order (BEO). This position has varying shift/days including nights and weekends.
- Provide guests with the finest quality of service at all times and in a warm and enthusiastic manner
- Ensure that the banquet area is maintained in a clean, organized, and safe condition
- Ensure that at the close of a function and at the end of the workday, all banquet rooms are cleared and securely locked, and ensure all equipment is stored in the designated area
- Always be present in room and greet guests upon arrival
- Maintain Spooky Nook Sports standards of food, beverage, and quality guest service
- Physically set up and break down all banquets functions.
- Set meeting rooms according to Banquet Event Order (BEO) specifications
- Frequent lifting, pushing and other physical duties
To contribute to customer satisfaction through the preparation of high-quality food items in accordance with hotel standards. To maximize customer satisfaction, profitability through Food and Beverage service.
- Contribute to the production of food items in accordance with recipe cards and correct handling procedures.
- Maintain highest quality and appearance of all foods sent from kitchen and make sure plates are clean and appetizing.
- Maintain proper pars of production levels according to estimates on the productions sheets; maintain top quality freshness.
- Rotate all foods and correctly fill out productions charts.
- Ensure all dishes are prepared in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all dishes leaving the kitchen/buffet are prepared to the approved standard of presentation.
- Avoid unnecessary wastage, to observe proper portion planning and control costs.
- Use leftovers and maintain proper storage of leftovers on hot food side. Label and date all food.
- Ensure excellent food hygiene practice is observed in the entire food chain from storage through to preparation and service.
- Maintain clean and orderly refrigerators and work areas. Make sure that all stations are properly cleaned at end of shift and at end of evening.
- Be familiar with all breakfast and lunch station menu items; preparation, set-ups and breakdowns
- Requisition food supplies from storerooms into proper storage with FIFO standard and in compliance to health regulations.
SPORTS PERFORMANCE COACH
Responsible for conducting fitness orientations, assessments, and personal training sessions with members of the Spooky Nook Sports Performance Center, through one-on-one and small group appointments. It is essential for Personal Trainers to design training programs, motivate, monitor progress, provide constructive feedback and cultivate professional relationships with members.
- Welcome, assist, and interact with members and guests using the fitness center in order to create a positive and enjoyable workout experience
- Demonstrate for members the proper technique on how to use the cardiovascular and strength training equipment
- Conduct client interviews and counsel members on exercise recommendations based on fitness evaluations as well as members’ needs and goals
- Design and implement custom, one-on-one/small group training programs for members
- Provide a high degree of member service through professional relationships with members and guests in regards to their needs, concerns, and questions about Spooky Nook Sports, its program and its mission
- Ensure proper use of all equipment and safety of members and guests
- Knowledge of all Spooky Nook Sports policies, programs and fitness initiatives
- Conduct exercise program orientations and assessments
- Educate members on fitness and training related topics
- Demonstrate and coach members on the proper use of cardiovascular and strength equipment as well as safe technique and form when training
- Assess member fitness and progress and provide recommendations and feedback
- Maintain current knowledge in the fields of kinesiology, physiology, and anatomy related to the development of training programs
- Actively market and promote personal training to acquire new members and retain existing members
- Assist in development and implementation of Performance Center programs and events
- Have proper knowledge of Spooky Nook Sports emergency procedures and respond to all emergency situations appropriately
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times when working with members
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Attend all necessary training and staff meetings
- Carry out any task as assigned by the Director of Sports Performance
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or CSCS certification
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly, as required to instruct members on the use of strength equipment
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of the position including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
Applicants must also have superior communication and customer service skills with the ability to handle and excel in an environment that is extremely fast-paced and results-oriented. The ability to lead and create an atmosphere of structure and organization is essential, as is the capacity to work in a team environment and take direction.
This position reports to the Director of Sports Performance and will collaborate with all applicable employees and customers of Spooky Nook Sports.